5 Signs That Your Main Water Line Is In Trouble
When it comes to your home, you want to make sure that everything is working properly. A plumbing issue can cause a lot of damage and expense if not addressed as soon as possible. One of the biggest problems that can happen when you have a broken main water line is flooding.
Once an issue with your main water line arises, it’s important to hire a professional plumber right away so that the problem doesn’t worsen over time.
What A Damaged Water Line Can Cause To Your Property
A water line leak may be a serious inconvenience for a property owner. Excess water can cause significant harm to the structure and its flooring, landscaping, or even foundation due to the extra moisture.
Some of the damages that a water line leak can cause include:
- Structural damage: This may be the most damaging problem that a main water line break brings, as it could result in expensive repairs and even lead to problems with termites if not taken care of quickly enough.
- Water Seepage: If the water seeps into the cracks in your foundation or underneath windows, it can lead to significant damage.
- Unpleasant Odor: A broken water line can also cause an unpleasant odor, making it necessary to find the source of the issue.
- Mold and bacteria: A lot of moisture can cause mold and bacteria to grow inside your home. This is especially true if the water seeps into any cracks or crevices in your foundation. It may be difficult for you to remove this type of damage yourself, which significantly increases the cost of repair.
Signs That You Have A Damaged Water Line
Some symptoms can alert you to the fact that your main water line requires repair, including:
- A change in pressure when using the faucet or shower.
- Significant discoloration on any surfaces near where the leak occurred. This could be anywhere from a small spot to a large area.
- There is a sudden increase in the water bill, especially if it’s for an amount that exceeds your normal costs.
- Damage to your landscaping.
- Moisture or dampness on the flooring where you notice breakouts from the primary line into other homes.
Address The Situation With A Professional
If you notice any of these signs, then it’s time to look for professional plumbing services. If you live in the Tucson area and need help with your main water line, contact Fusion Plumbing & Air, we can assist you!
Our professional plumbers have over a decade of experience providing the best services for all commercial and residential plumbing needs in Tucson, AZ. We can quickly and efficiently complete any type of water line repair work or other plumbing solutions you need, no matter the size or scale of damage.